Tuesday 20 July 2010

Thoroughly Wet..

What a grey day! Wet and miserable. The poor little cats keep going out and coming back in very wet. Bobby goes into her hut and just sits there looking out of its doorway. She did come in for her chicken at lunchtime though.
I got a card from John and Ann in Perth this morning, all the way from Australia, and my own daughter couldn't even be bothered to send one!! Must admit I was a bit hurt by that. I wouldn't have dreamed of missing my Mums birthday, but maybe the young have different priorities..
John and Ann sent me a lovely little cat ornamaent which just looks like a real cat and kitten, and a very nice black bracelet which will go with a lot of my jewellery. i have quite a lot of black necklaces and earrings but no bracelets.
Jane did ring up this morning on her way to work, she is working two to ten tonight, and she was saying there was a big difference in bus times travelling at this time of the day rather than in the rush hour.
VT is spendidng the day doing his paperwork and clearing out stuff that he has had for too long. He has just come in with a huge pile of bank statements of mine going back years..he is very organised but keeps things too long.
I have spent some time today looking at some blogs on the site. There are so many it is difficult to know whwere to start. Some of them are fantastic with beautiful photograps and people lead such interesting lives. i wonder if they are all true? I like the food blogs, but there are some gorgeous craft ones.Most of the really good craft sites are American, they do have some wonderful ones, especially quilting ones.
Tonight we are having:
Garlic and cheese kiev
Squashed potatoes
Carrots and beans
Mushroom sauce.

No comments: