Wednesday 14 July 2010

Fresh Air..

We decided that we needed some fresh air this morning, so we went over to Ormskirk. When we left the house it was blowy and quite cool, so I put my proper shoes on and my light coat rather than my thin jacket. Going there in the car, and the blasted sun came out, and it became quite warm.You just don't know what to put on these days. Ormskirk is a tricky place, it is quite high up so it can get breezy.
Had a good mooch around, I went into my usual shops,then we went to our cafe for a coffee. Everywhere was really quiet today, it was almost like a Sunday, hardly anyone in the cafe and no-one in the town centre. It is Market day on a Thursday, so maybe everyone was stopping in and waiting for that. Had a look in Smiths but didn't see anything I fancied there, but I bought a book in ASDA last Friday and they are cheaper. I rarely buy books from Smiths I find them on the dear side.
Called in at Morrisons on the way back, mainly because we use their car park, so you then have to go in and spend a fiver to get the car park charges back! Got a few things, and VT got a whole pineapple for 29p! What a bargain.
Home for lunch, and we just set foot through the door, and the phone was going, it was Jane, on her dinner hour, and shje was bored so she thought she would ring us up. She does that when she is bored, but we don't mind. Told her to watch out for a parcel..she will get a surprise when she sees that.
VT was doing a bit of ga5rdening this afternoon, and the Heavens opened..What a strange day today is.
Tonight we are having:
Linda McCartney Sausage rolls,
A baked potato,
tinned spaghetti.

No comments: