Monday 27 February 2012

What a Day!

Today revolved around my appointment at the Diabetic clinic at 1 O'Clock. Stupid time to have an appointment but can't be helped, at least it wasn't an early start and problems with traffic.
Got to Aintree at around a quarter to One, and waited for the blood tests etc. brand new spanking Diabetic centre, and all very swish, white everywhere and blue touches with blue lights. Huge waiting foyer just for the Diabetic centre, with a very posh receptionists desk.yet you get called to go and get the weight, blood pressure and blood taken in a tiny little room which is not much bigger than a cubby hole!! Where is the sense in that. All readings the same as last year it seems and then went out to wait again for the Dr. There is one Dr., there who keeps coming out of his room, walking round and talking to people, had a little bit of hope that I wouldn't get him when he called someone else into his room. Oh Dear, a bit later he came out again and called my name. Heart sank, I've had him before and he prevaricates a lot and asks irrelevant questions, writes a lot down mostly my list of medications, and has a bit of a look at my feet. Good job we did my nails last night..two coats of beautiful lilac nail polish! Well done Vin..you would have made a great xhiropodist.
Dr. W says that my readings are fine and better than last year,and he will see me again next year! Not if I see him first thinks I.. At least I got my blood test done for the renal clinic as well so didn't have to make a repeat journey to get that done. So one good thing done anyway.
We had taken some sandwiches with us today because of the stupid appointment time, so we went back to the car and drove out of the car park £3.50 parking! for about an hour and a half! And, Vin drove to the M&S car park where we had those..would have been too late if we had waited till we got home.
very drizzly with rain which turned into a bit of a real rainy spell. Quite nice sitting in the car eating sandwiches watching the rain coming down.
Oscars last night.."The Artist" won a lot of awards, which is odd because it is a silent film. To be honest I can't see the point of paying a lot of money to see a film which has no sound. Good for me though I suppose. There is one film that I quite fancy seeing, called "The help" which looks very good, must watch out for that. Another one is "Thevery Exotic (Something) Hotel, based on a novel by deborah moggagh called These foolish things. Terrific cast, with Judi dench, penelope Wilton, Bill Nighy,Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson and a load of others. looks really good.A lot of films that are on Sky at the moment are comedy which we don't go in for, or horror which largely are rubbish. we like a good drama or a good thriller.l

We did see the end of the series of "Cloudstreet" on Saturday night which we were very impressed with. It is an Australian series which was extremely well done and well worth catching.
Tonight we are having:
The remainder of last night's Pizza which we usually have for lunch on a Monday.
Egg and potato salad, with avocado
The remaining salads that were left from last night.

No comments: