Wednesday 27 June 2012

Happy Birthday dear Blog!!

Five years ago today, I started keeping a blog. It was the same day thatGordon brown became the new Prime Minister. Glad to say that my blog has lasted longer than his reign. Poor Gordon..Well I still liked him anyway. The original idea f the blog was to keep a sort of diary to chart the progress of our "Healthy Eating Plan".. it was really a sort of diet for us both, but vin has always said that diets don't work so a healthy Eating Plan it was. We actually altered a lot of what we used to eat. out went the home made cakes, and the large portions of potatoes, rice and pasta to be replaced by measured quantities as per the Rosemary Conley instructions.We stopped getting shop bought cakes and used Fry Light spray to cook with instead of the olive oil i used to dollop on. No added butter on or in foods and it did make a difference. We both dropped around two stones and since then have kept it off too. So, the Healthy Eating Plan did work really. I've still got some to go but I'm happy with what we do now. Got a strange hospital letter this morning, to go to the ultrasound department of the Women's hospital on the 18th July at 9.40..a bit odd since I have already got an appointment on the same day for 9.20 at the gynaecology clinic. No note of who had referred me for this appointment so I rang the number on the letter. got through straight away which is unusual to say the least, and found it was the gynaecology consultant who had done the referring. The really helpful girl said that I needed to go the week before so she has given me another appointment for the 11th july at 1.20. I wish they would just put the name of the Dr who had done the referral on the letter, it would make it simpler. What a nice helpful girl though. Quite sunny today, and a lot warmer. Vin has just been round to the village hall to see some plans that have been shown for building land by the railway here.He has come back and said there were two lots of plans, one for nine houses and the other for fourteen. Our village has spread out so much since the old village days. All new estates and the village is quite busy now. I used to know everyone in the village when I was young..far from that now. Still not a bad place to live, if you have to live on Merseyside. Tonight we are having: Pasta weighed out 4oz tomato and Mascarpone sauce Mushrooms and green beans and broccoli. A couple of garlic slices for Vin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow congratulations - five years blogging and for losing two stone in weight :))

yes I do miss Prince although Karmen really has changed and is a lot more sociable, sits on my lap, eats more, and even goes to Nigel :0 hahaha