Sunday 27 January 2008

Sunday Supplements

I suppose our Sunday Supplements are our crosswords etc., Today we managed to complete them in a remarkably short period of time. Last week was a real problem with one clue that we were really stuck on. The cliven was " A rustic" and that was all. The letters we had were ?o??g? and in the end, getting nowhere we put ROUGH..which turned out to be wrong..the correct answer was HODGE !!!! It is very unusual for us to get one wrong actually so we were a bit annoyed. Ah Well!
The Sourdough bread I made yesterday was really nice, and we had some for our breakfast. It was a bit like a toasted tea-cake, quite fruity with dried cranberries and hazelnuts and walnuts it it.
Going down to watch Dancing on Ice now, I enjoy that. I always used to watch the Ice Skating years ago, and loved the ice dancing. Since I never really managed to get away from the rails myself, I do envy those who can do the tricks etc.
Tonight we are having:
Pizza, tonight with a pizza dough mix rather than a sourdough base.
Home made tomato sauce on the bast though.
Salad with avocado baby tomatoes..pomodorino, cucumber and seeds.

No comments: