Friday 13 November 2009

Hello Again..

Well haven't written on here for a while. had the Mother of all viruses, bugs whatever. Like a version of swine flu without the cold or sore throat thing, everything else though. Worst has been the extreme tiredness, totally feel like a deflated balloon.Good point though lost seven pounds, hardly eaten for the last week, and survived on half mugs of Horlicks and M&S digestive biscuits. Funny the things you fancy when you are under the weather! Hopefully turning the corner now and will pick up before we go to Bath in a couple of weeks.
Little Bobby has been my pal..she has really turned up trumps, sitting on the bed and purring on my chest etc.

My other saviour has been Saint VT. Uncomplainingly he has looked after me beyond the pale. brought me the drinks, made sure I had water, and kept me company. The man is a Saint. Only the first sign of a moan this morning when I was trying to get him to buy some veggies for his meals! Turns out he hates carrots, and says he doesn't want any more Broccoli. that might be because he bought a head the size of a football the other day!!
He has catered for himself very well actually, had a Curry and rice one night, pasta another, burger , beanburgers and mushrooms and potato croquettes anoth. Beans on toast for lunches, and soup a few days. I'm very proud of him actually.
Pat on the back VT !!
Jane rang up this morning. She has started a new job in a call centre today..ticketmaster in Manchester. Three weeks training then she is let loose on the public. She is good with people, and excellent on the computers so should do well. She is going to do an Access course starting next September for science, and with a view to doing a course to become a radiographer eventually. Hope she makes it I really do.
Tonight VT is having:
Moussaka,
garlic bread? and maybe some mushrooms.
(He came home with 3 carrots..says that is his veg rack!
I am having:
A poached egg on a toasted english muffin.

No comments: