Tuesday 26 January 2010

Global Warming!!

Today we received a lovely long letter from John and Ann in Perth Australia. They are of course in their mid -summer period, and were writing about temperatures of 40 and 43 degrees! Now that is hot..very hot. personally I think I would rather have cooler temperatures than too hot, it is easier to get warm than it is to get cool I have always thought. You can put another heater on or another layer of clothes. When it is really sticky hot it is so hard to cool down and you don't want to do anything.
John sent a very good cartoon,which showed one half..Australia with a bloke sitting sweating under a shower saying Do Not use, and the other half showing Europe with someone by a car up to their heads in snow! Summed up the weather exactly.

Somehow I don't think that the snow would last long there. i wonder if they have had any snow at all ever?
I made an appointment to get my hair done this morning. So we had an early get up. It's funny how having to get up early affects your sleep the night before. it is almost like something in your body telling you to awake early without an alarm clock. In the end we got up too early and were ready long before time..typical.
I now go to a hairdressers in Formby, since lovely Emma gave it up. You do feel better when your hair is done, I had made an appointment for before Christmas but because of the dreaded lurgy virusy thingy couldn't go so it was well overdue. i always feel scruffy when my hair is a mess, my idea of luxury would be for someone to do my hair whenever I wanted them. Lottery dreams!VT did some bits and pieces while I was in the hairdressers. He paid the money in my bank for Jane and got some petrol and smokeless fuel. Good job we stayed in actually I have spent enough money today!!!
Came home after that maionly because it was too cold to go anywhere, and have had a bitty day since then.
Tonight we are having:
Sausages (Quorn) in a gravy and mushrooms.
Colcannon
Carrots and Swedes mashed.

No comments: