Friday 22 January 2010

Weekend Shopping..

Went out this morning to get our weekly shop, well the things we need for the weekend. I had to have a blood test done at Walton before the Renal clinic appointment in two weeks time. So we decided to get out things at Sainsbury's which is only over the road. It took a few minutes to get the blood done, maionly because the phlebotomists weren't rushing to say the least. I got there and my number was 76 and the number on the screen was 73 so I thought I would be really quick. No chance, they were inside gabbing and not turning patients over quickly enough. My woman called Jennifer took two goes at me, but got there in the end.
We then went for a coffee at Sainsbury's but the coffee machine was broken, what sort of coffee shop is that where there is no coffee back up? So VT had a tea and I had a hot chocolate whicgh was horrendously expensive and far too sweet. Maybe we should take our own sachets of coffee powder in next time!
Got a load of shopping..quite a few things we had run out of, and some extras. if I go shopping the bill is always expensive..if VT goes he takes a list and gets those items and nothing else so saves money. Mind you I stock up..I bought quite a few Quorn items so have a load in the freezer for future weeks. Could do with another snow-in..No perhaps not!
VT posted Jane's parcel this morning, sent it recorded delivery, and she should get it soon. Hope they enjoy it.
Her Christmas presents to us this year were excellent, the delivery from ASDA and the Marmite plates and mugs. We use them every day..Bless her.
The mist is coming down as I type this. It is just going dark and very misty out of the window. Funny sort of weather actually. Creepy.
Tonight we are having:
Some of the bitty things that we had at Christmas. We buy boxes of buffet things, and ate half of them, so we aim to eat the other half tonight.