Sunday 31 January 2010

Snow Flurries..Dogs andA Good Night's Sleep...

Weekend rambles.. yesterday and Friday saw a few snow flurries, so the wintry weather hasn't gone yet. The snow stuck a bit overnight, but melted quickly this morning and hasn't hung around.Only a light frosting on the shed and the garden.
I was sitting doing a bit of computing yesterday (Saturday) and out of the corner of my eye say a little white dog in the garden. It is one that comes round from one of the houses that share the entry, and can get under our back door. I kept looking round the window to see if it had gone, and saw its owner's head poking over the top of our back gate. So I left him to it in the hope that the dog would get the message and go to him. Ten minutes later no joy, the dog was still running round..and the owner must have been getting cold, so I left him a bit longer..then the front door bell went, and it was the owner..My dog's in your garden..Oh is it say I all innocently. he said can you unlock the back door. now I don't do back doors, fear of spiders..and I didn't fancy going into the back garden with a barking Suki at my heels, so I said "Come through and get him". First time a dog has been in our house for about sixty+ years..
Then later VT went over to do the recycling and bumped into Eddie..a little dog he trapped in our front garden last year and rang its owners because it was lost. Day for dogs I think.
At least the cats were in the house and out of the way..I woulld have gone out to save them.
Crosswords easyish today, with the aid of the computer anyway. My You magazine one was all about the Beatles and the Rubber Soul album so had to look those up. VT did his one in record time..Top of the Class VT.
Last night we had a fantastic night's sleep. We put new bedding on the bed. A Ruby red colour in Egyptian cotton, and so soft and luxurious. trouble is we didn't want to get up this morning.
Last night we had:
Chinese..Spring Rolls,
Egg fried rice
Plum and ginger sauce
Stir fry vegetables.

Tonight we are having:
Pizza made with a pizza base which we have tarted up with herbs etc,
Home made tomato sauce,
Egg and potato salad
Pasta salad to go with.

No comments: