Wednesday 17 November 2010

Blustery and Blowy and a Royal Wedding..

Today dawned really blustery, windy and dark too. There have been reports of flooding in Cornwall and high winds on bridges. Not a good day to be travelling, glad we weren't going anywhere. Traffic news just on the radio, a lot of ferries cancelled and bridges closed to high sided vehicles..doesn't look good today at all.
Actually i had a blood test at twenty to one in the clinic. Three week wait for the appointment, and two weeks for the results. Rusty had hers arranged in two days and the Vet rang us up this morning with the results. Apparently she is spot on and doing very well..Bless her..so all VTs efforts keeping her up to date with the tablets twice a day have paid off. Well done VT.
Funny thing today, I had just put a little saucer of milk in the microwave for Bobby which had just pinged and VT said I'm sure that was the doorbell. It was with our post..very unusual to get post mid morning these days. It was our letters plus two parcels for me. Good job we were in.
VT went into Formby first to get some petrol. He was going to get some yesterday but there was a problem with the card machine at Tesco and he said there was a massive queue, so he didn't bother. I gave him the money for his petrol since he ferries me around so much and he got a couple of things at Tesco as well. Back in a few minutes. He's a really quick shopper..no browsing, just a list and away he goes.
Blood test for me at Thornton. Don't know why there is such a long wait for appointments, I went straight in and out within a couple of minutes. Wouldn't exactly say they were busy. Came out to find VT in the middle of cleaning the inside of his car with wet wipes..nice to see the taxi being kept spotless for moi.
Nipped to Sainsburys just up the road to get a loaf for me. I like the Gluten free bread from there, the Genius one..is very tasty for a sandwich.
Royal Wedding announced yesterday, so today the papers are full of the speculation about it all. She was filmed last night wearing Princess Diana's engagement ring. I thought it was a nice touch actually, and it is a beautiful sapphire. She seeems to be a charming girl with a level head obn her shoulders, hope she is happier than her late mother in law. I am sure Princess Di would approve.

Tonight we are having:
Sausages in a mushroom gravy
Mashed potato 8oz
Mixed vegetables or maybe cabbage and leed stir fried.

2 comments:

tea said...

glad all is well. I was in Milton Keynes yesterday on a clergy visit so missed all the exciting with announcement of William & Catherine's engagement but caught up with a bit of it late last night.
I agree with you that she seems to be quite a sensible young lady and I only pray that the media will not keep comparing her to Diana. Diana had her gifts but Catherine has her own too. Yes lovely touch with the ring - I read on yahoo that it is now worth £250,000 !! I would be pertrified in case I lost it!! hahaha
take care, Judy

tea said...

just reading back my comment (after it was printed)I also need to take some lessons in spelling!!!