Wednesday 10 November 2010

Up and At Em...

Was intending to get up early this morning, but even with the alarm call and the clockj going off neither of us wanted to move, so got up later. We were intending to go over to the big M&S at Aintree, and get there early, but we went anyway.
Parking is getting more difficult there, it is certainly getting a lot busier than it used to be. had a good look round, i wanted to get a few things for my Christmas parcels. I send one to John and Ann in Australia. and also my Secret Santa one too, and have been gathering bits for ages now. I pretty much have what I wanted so will get them packed in the next few days.
We had a look at the foodie things, but were a bit disappointed, couldn't really find what I wanted. Did get a nice jar of Peaches in Brandy though, we get one every year, but it generally gets left till Easter!!! Jars of a nice looking cranberry and Port sauce were on offer at 3 for 2 so got them. We can always use those up.
Still not sure what to do for the Christmas Dinner this year..was toying with the idea of doing a Quorn fillet en croute but not sure. maybe the Vegetarian magazine will have an idea for us. Not really keen on the nut roast route..always find them dry, and the shop ones usually are terrible. We shall have to see.
Lovely bright day today though, the sun was dazzling me as we came out of M&S and I ended up putting my sunshades on.
Tonight we are having:
Almost cheeseless pasta bake..taken from 101 Cookbooks site.
it has butternut squash and penne pasta, spinach, greek yoghurt and feta cheese.
Garlic bread to go with.

No comments: