Friday 26 November 2010

Normal Service resumed...

Didn't do a blog yesterday because I had a spell of one of those one/two day bug things that started on Wednesday night. Knew something was happening after tea on Wednesday because I started shivering and couldn't stop. Even with the electric blanket on still cold, so poor VT who is a true saint had a very distyrbed night as well. He says he can't rest for wondering what is going on. I had a dentist appointment yesterday too so had to cancel that, it was to put back a filling that had come out the other day. Luckily he was fine about it and said he would slot me in whenever.
Got a letter yesterday cancelling my appointment in January at Aintree..follow up appointment after the test that I had last month. Instead I am to have a telephone consultation with a benign disease nurse on 29th December and would I make sure that I am in on that date and time!!!!! Never had one of those before. is this what the NHS is getting to?
VT took my money off to Waitrose this morning and ended up in Tescaw..He rang up and said that he had gone round the car park in Waitrose three times, and ended up in the end going over the bypass to Tescaw. Not keen on my money going to Tescaw..but needs must. He goes out with a list, and that's it..that's what he gets nothing more nothing less. I just buy what I see, terrible impulse shopper me.
The DVD of Downton Abbey came yesterday from Amazon, so that means we can get our parcel off to Perth now. When I looked up the DVD on the Amazon site it said that it covered region2, now this is Europe and not Australia. There was a conversation on the Delia Smith Forum that I go on, and one of the blokes Ja,es had said that he had the DVD and it had said regions 2,4 and 5 so it did cover Australia after all. I'm sure they will enjoy that..it's a good buy, three discs and extra scenes for 143.99 free delivery. Pity it isn't their winter though, I think it is a lovely wintery programme to watch, I just can't imagine a Christmas in soaring heat.
Seems increasingly likely that we will have a snowy Christmas this year, there is already snow about, and it said on the news for people to put warm clothing and blankets in the car if they are going on a long journet. i would need a lot more than that..feel the cold me.
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers,
A few chips 200grms
Mushy peas for VT and green beans for moi.

No comments: