Wednesday 24 November 2010

Wintery Frosts ...

Got up this morning to a wintery frost all over. The cars at the front of the house were covered, and the top of the shed roof was totally white. Already the papers are talking about a cold Winter, with snow on the way. Gosh, where did the summer and the Autumn go. We did have a bit of the frost the other week, but it was full on stuff today.
We decided to go and fet a bit of fresh air today, so nipped over to Ormskirk since we haven't been for a while. VT went about his mooching, and I went in my usual shops. Bought a lovely fleecy nightshirt..if the colder weather is coming..I'm going to be warm!! Purple of course..everything I buy is purple these days..I've decidid it's my favourite colour. Got %15 off it tooso well pleased. Why is it so difficult to but nightwear that is bright decent colours? They are horriblke pastels, pale pinks, lilacs o5r lemons..Ugh..horrible. You can buy lovely pyjamas in tartans with long sleeves..but I've never been a pj person..much prefer nightshirts. i did get some super ones from America some years ago, but they are getting worn and need replacing. Come on manufacturers..get designing some in great colours at good prices.
Got our replenishments at Holland and Barratt, and our coffee at our usual little coffee. notice there wasn't anyone sitting outside Costa Coffee today..much too cold!
Wentto Morrisons then to get our car parking fee back, and topped up on a few things whiole we were there. Covent Garden soup half price, so got a Broccoli and Stilton for our lunch, very nice too it was. While we were waiting at the checkout I was perusing the chocolate bars on sale...as you do. I spotted a Crunchie bar..I did used to love those..and haven't had one for Donkey's years. Then the shock!!!! 57p!!!! I just couldn't believe it. 57p for a Crunchie bar..good grief.. I remember when a ten shilling note was a fantastic treat in a birthday card or at Christmas..now it wouldn't even buy you a Crunchie bar. That would be 11/6 in old money. My goodnessme..I am shocked. I wonder how much pocket money kids get these days?
All the time I have been typing this little Rusty has been standing on my knee often with her nose pressed to the computer screen. It makes for very difficult typing!

Tonight we are having:
Pasta bake maybe with meatless meatballs..
A little bit of garlic bread,
Mixed green vegetables.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you can keep the snow I don't want it at all. Travelled everywhere today by bus it was nippy but pleasant. Home at the moment but back out later tonight to do some shopping. Look after yourself and keep warm :)