Monday 22 November 2010

Christmas is a Rolling in...

Didn't do a blog over the weekend, mainly because i usually do it on a Sunday afternoon, and we were late doing the crosswords. This meant that by the time we had finished it was time to get the tea on, so ran out of blog time.Just a normal weekend anyway, with our usual evening offerings.
I was checking the Secret Santa arrivals on the Delia forum site, but it appears that mine hasn't yet arrived in Madrid. I wonder what the post is like over there? and how long it takes parcels to arrive at their destination in Spain. Our post at the moment is terrible, todays post for example arrived at three o'clock!! what sort of service is that? I only got one letter, and I was expecting a dvd from Amazon with the Downtoin Abbey in it. But that hasn't come yet. The letter I got was from my bank, with a personal profile of all my money transactions for the year! never had one of these before. It shows exactly, month by month where the money goes. It shows how most months I pay out more than I am getting in...but I still have loads of money over so how can that be? The most telling page was the use of my debit card..showing all the expenditure on it for the year... Top of the list is Sainsbury's!!! with QVC a close second!!! I didn't realise what a good customer I was to them. Mind you one of the payments was for a netbook for VT so that was quite big.Most of my debits go to Supermarkets which is no surprise really,we do go twice a week and vary where we go Sainsburys being our nearest.
This is where we went this morning. VT wanted to get some things from Home and Bargains, and also went over to the Drs to collect my blood test form. He said it was packed in there, and the receptionist said she used to work in the Hightown surgery, and it was very good there. Wonder why she left then?
We went from there to the Garden Centre at Ince Blundell for our free coffees for the month. Also had a look round there, the garden centres these days are surprisingly good for gifts and Christmas things. I bought some crackers..Tom Smiths and they were only 3.99 for twelve really nice looking crackers. They seem to have an enormous amount of stock.. should be good in the January sales!
Tonight we are having:
Mozzarella and pesto escalope..BOGOF from Sainsbury..
Little hasselback potatoes
Mixed vegetables
Mushroom sauce with portobello mushroom.

No comments: