Thursday 22 September 2011

Ear..Ear!!

Had an appointment today at the hearing aid centre that I go to, usually every six months. Should have been yesterday, but they rang and changed it to today..didn't matter.The appointment was for 11-45 but we cut it a bit fine really, just about got there. Parked in the small Sainsbury's car park which is just over the road, and you can have 11/2 hours free if you spend a fiver in the store.
Had quite a long examination with the dispenser..Steve at the David ormerod shop. i have been going there for years and have had a number of different dispensers, you just get used to one and they go..typical.
Anyway, Stevdid a hearing test on me this time since it was about a year since I had one done. The hearing in my left ear which is my "good" ear is a bit worse, which isn't good really, and means that my aid isn't really powerful enough. The aid in my right ear is broken anywayapparently and would cost an arm and a leg to repair.Out of warranty for a long while now. I've had these for about 6 years so they don't owe me anything..but I didpay nearly £4000 for them then. He came up with some better ones for me.He said the technology is much better now, and I could get more powerful ones. I need them for conversations and speech really, when our visitors were here on Sunday, I really struggled to hear them and it does make life hard. They are a huge part of my life and if I can have better ones then I will get them. These will have a volume control again, and will be £1895..a lot cheaper than six years ago!!!
He did the impressions of the ears, and now I wait to hear from them.
Our time was nearly up in Sainsbury's so Vin ran in and got a few things that we needed, and we left for home. I felt very guilty because he missed his morning coffee which was a shame, he loves his mid morning coffee break.
Got home in time for a later lunch. Vin was trying to make an order online for something he wanted just before we went out, and it froze just as he nearly finished the order..what a pain ordering online is sometimes. So after lunch he used his Netbook to make the order again, and this time it was ok. Not easy ordering online. He was saying, tyhe trouble is there is no-one to ask you have to work through things on your own.
Lovely day here today, the sun is shining and it is really a nice sort of Autumnal day.


OH to be in new England now that Autumn is nearly here...
Tonight we are having:
Escalopes
Babay new potatoes baked and squashed
Mixed vegetables,
White sauce.

No comments: