Thursday 1 September 2011

"What a Morning"!!

Appointment with the Nursey over the road at the Drs for a Diabetic check up. This is the nursey who talks away to the computer, so I have to keep reminding her to look at me when she is speaking and to speak clearly . Same old same old really.
We arrived at spot on ten past ten which was my appointment time and waited for about fifteen minutes. Then she came and whispered my name and if Vin hadn't been there I wouldn't have heard her. Never mind... She did the blood pressure about three times and asked all the usual questions. Nothing new. Then she did my feet, and said she was a bit concerned that my ankles were a bit swollen so would I see a Dr about that, in case the medication needs altering. So the Dr had one patient waiting then she could see me ..just wait in the waiting room. About thirty minutes after that I eventually got in to the Dr. In there about two minutes and she said Do they bother you? I say No..she says well leave well alone then!!!! We had been over there well over an hour and seen all sorts come and go.
Vin reckons it is the 1st of September and they are on their targets for the month..He said you will have ticked about a dozen boxes for them today..Funny !! poor man, he is the one who has to wait around.
Went frpm there to Waitrose to get some of his favourite pasties for tomorrow night, and a couple of other things, then home.
Had a bit of a go on the computer when the phone went..Hello it's Lauren from the Nat West bank. Wanted to ask me all sorts of questions about my money. Lovely sounding chirpy girly girl, and everything was "Great" at the end of every sentence. Didn't get very far with me though.. No debts, no mortgage..never had one, and I wouldn't put any of my money in any other account. I think it is a pl;ot to get me today!
Hares and Rabbits by the way..anothe4r month started and a bit nearer Christmas.
Tonight we are having:
Kiev,
potato croquettes
Carrots beans and a few peas.
mushroom sauce.

2 comments:

Major Judy said...

oh poor you - Drs get more and more impersonal and you feel as though you're wasting their time!!

It's cold again this evening I've got a jumper on. Waiting for Nigel to ring so that I can go and pick him up from the hall - he forgot that band practices start again this evening.

When I got in at 8.30pm Karl disappeared out to one of his friends in London - think he is feeling very restless now he's back home.

Hope your day is better tomorrow and you don't have to hang around anywhere :)) Judyx

Major Judy said...

sorry just realized I've written you a comment from the wrong blog!!