Friday 16 December 2011

See Amid The Winter's Snow!


Woke up this morning to a very dark, grey day. Looked like it was going to do something, then it started to rain. We had decided to go over to Ormskirk to do our shopping, and I got my slap on ready to go. Now I have a back tooth that has beenfilled so many times I have lost count, and last night some of the filling came out, leaving a hole where my tongue kept finding..you know the way your tongue finds the hole. Since the Dentist is only two doors down, I nipped in before we left for Ormskirk, and the girl said they had a cancellation at 12O'Clock, but i said we were just going out, so she gave me an appointment for next Thursday. Went back to the car, and Vin said you'd be better taking the cancellation and he would go to Waitrose instead to do the shopping. So that's what we did. I went back in the house, Vin made a list, and went off to Formby. He rang up after about ten minutes to say that it was snowing there, and was coming down quite hard.In the end it was a good job we didn't go over to ormskirk because it is quite high up there and no doubt it would have been quite snowy.
I was about twenty minutes in the dentists and Vin came home soon after me with two big bags of shopping.
What a good litttle shopper he is, he had everything on the list and some more useful Christmas things as well. Not long after he came in it started to snow here, sort of sleety at first, then a spate of those lovely big fat snow flakes, looked really pretty for a while, but it's gone now, and everywhere just looks grey again!Vin has just come in and said that he had been down to the coal bin for lighting the fire, and everywhere is quite icy. He says that there has been a drop in temperature since lunchtime and it has gone really cold now.
Jane has just rung up on her way to work, she says it's freezing cold but not really snowing there, just wet. At least she has her new shoes, so her feet won't get wet!!
Tonight we are having:
Cheese and onion pasties from Waitrose, Vin's favourite..I think that's all he went for!
baked tomatoes to go with,
Rice puddings from Waitrose..so Vin is a very happy bunny..

No comments: