Monday 25 February 2013

I Think...

Vin is a bit fed up with moi today. Started early with him having to jump up to answer the door.It was parcel force with a bag for me of the remaining order from Bullens of three boxes. So we had an earlyish breakfast and the doorbell went again with the postman delivering my QVC order and a letter for Vin.
I had an appointment at the Diabetic clinic at 1 O'Clock so had a shower did my make up then  we had a bit of lunch and off we went. the traffic was really light, and we got there at around ten to one. Vin went off to park and I waited..and waited and eventually went in to get my tests done, blood pressure, weight..gone down 9kilos since the same time last year the nursie weighed me twice to make sure!blood test then waited outside some more.
Getting towards 2O'Clock and the Dr who I really don't like called my name. He is a real twerp, doesn't say anything of any consequence and just spends time talking about himself, his blisters etc.,  Said I was at a good weight, keep doing what I've been doing and come back in a year. Total waste of time. It's a huge big centre with a massive waiting area, and very few people in there being attended to. Not a good clinic that one!
On the way back Vin called in at B&Q to look for a cooker hood. They had one on display but none on the shelves! So, went over to Wickes over the road and they had some but not the one we want. Typical british retailing he said and he's right.
Got back home to find a note on the doormat from the District nurse (who wasn't supposed to come today) she had called at 12.28 so left a not and phone number. Rang them back in a few minutes and she is coming tomrrow. They weren't supposed to come today anyway. One day it will be right. Can't complain though they are really good.
Bit of a very bitty day really. Poor Vin he is very patient!
Tonight we are having:
Pizza similar to last night with pineapple, mushroom and cheese
Salad with avocado and baby plum tomatoes
Potato salad for moi and celery nut salad for Vin.









No comments: