Wednesday 20 February 2013

Nice to Get Out...

With us having a free day today, that is no visits, or deliveries or District nurses coming, we decided to go out. So we went over to Ormskirk. I haven't been over there since May last year!!! before my problems began. Not changed much really, my beloved Bon Marche shop is now a sort of horrible sports type shop where they sell trainers, and sweat shirts, t-shirts and the like. Awful.Apart from that not much changed. We parked  in the little car park in front of M&S food shop, but didn't go in there, and walked through to the Holland and Barratt because we wanted some fishless fingers. They had two packs left, so we bought those, and some beef slices and ham ones (meatfree).  i had a mooch in Superdrug, and Vin had a couple of places to go to so we met up in the front of W.H.Smiths.  i did see a book that I will download on my Kindle in there..Dark Winter..£7.99 to buy 20p to download. i wonder why?
Went back to the car and drove down to Morrisons which is where we usually park, but I didn't fancy the walk just yet. Very busy in there, half term I suppose, so we went for a coffee in their cafe. great coffee, proper yellow cups, and only £1.05. very reasonable. Vin rang me up on my mobile from the queue but I didn't hear it!!!! stupid ears!!! We then did a bit of shopping in the store, got some stock up stuff, and a few things that we hadn't seen before in the Quorn range. I felt quite pleased with myself. That was quite enough for one day though, and a lot more than I have been doing over the last few weeks.
Tonight we are having:
Pasta bake maybe,
Butternut squash to go with it,
Garlic bread for Vin.

No comments: