Monday 18 February 2013

Post Op Review....

Up early this morning to go to Aintree for my post-op review appointment. Left at 10.20 and got there around ten fifty so made good time..traffic was light today and the parking not too bad either.
Waited about an hour then went in to see the consultant. Progressing fine really,  and wound and Stoma doing ok. He said that he had removed quite a bit of the colon which was inflamed and causing the trouble, from the diverticulitis. Sent that off for tests but no cancer so that was very good news anyway. I asked him whether the stoma was permanent and he said that was the next stage..leave things to heal and repair for about six months, then he would review it again. I said that I was pleased with the outcome it's certainly made a big difference, coping with the stoma is a walk in the park compared to what I originally went with.Nuff said!
Late leaving there by the time we got back to the car, so wended our way towards home. Too late for a coffee anywhere. We did go home via Maghull though, so I looked in at Bon marche to get some slippers. I am plagued with slippers at the moment, some pairs I have are too loose and fall off my foot so are dangerous, others, even the M&S ones rub the back of my heel and have made it sore so they are no good. Anyway i got two pairs from there, both fit well and were only ten pounds for the two pairs. then nipped along to Superdrug and got some more of my favourite Bourjois nail varnish..light purple..and a biox of touch up roots colouring..dark brown. So pleased with my purchases today. Walked round the hospital corridors ok, and went to Maghull..so a good day today. Funny how you can have good days and bad days..one day last week was horrible, couldn't say why though.Today has been really good.This was me two months ago with horrible hair because it needed a wash!!  Look a lot better now I hope!!
Tonight we are having:
Leftover pizza with mushrooms and cheese
Potato salad and cous cous salad
Salad with plum tomatoes and avocado

No comments: