Sunday 2 September 2007

Keep the brain Active

Today is Sunday therefore it is the crosswords day. I must admit I enjoy doing them, and it does keep the brain quite active. VT asked me to name a famous clown...I said Bobo...he said from 1779 !!! got that one wrong, the answer was Joseph Grimaldi of course!
Who would know that the name for one swoop of a scythe is a swath? not me..had to look that one up. I did know that Alice Walker wrote The Color Purple though.
I have made a Sourdough Rye bread today but am a bit disappointed with the fact thaat it hasn't risen and is very flat on the top. I like my loaves to be well risen so we can use it for sandwiches. I think this one will taste nice but not make good sandwiches. Have to make another one tomorrow.
VT has just done the Pizza base and left it to rise he is really good at making Pizzas..all my good training.
Today we are having:
Pizza with our home-made tomato sauce,
Roasted vegetables ( red onion, red and yellow pepper, courgette and baby tomatoes.
Goats cheese or Mozzarella cheese whichever.
Salad with baby plum tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and goji berries to sprinkle.
Yummiest meal of the week...

No comments: