Tuesday 13 October 2009

Crack of Dawn..

Not really, but it seemed like it. We were up at seven because I had to be at Aintree Hospital at 9 O'Clock. We drove a different way to our usual because the traffic would be heavier, and only got caught in Maghull going up to the lights. After that it was a breeze, and we were in the hospital by ten to nine. Walked up to the ward and went straight in. Quite quiet then, not many in the ward, and got hooked up after a time under a nice warm pillow to heat the hands up! The Venofer whizzed through very quickly today, and I walked down to the car even before VT had had his coffee. he usually waits for ages, so had taken a flask and coffee with him, and was all settled in, in his nice little warm nook, then I arrived and spoiled it. never mind we went from there to M&S and got a lovely coffee there sitting on the sofas. Very pleasant. VT will be pleased next week, he gets a free coffee on 6their loyalty card..
He nipped up to Halfords while I had a look round M&S. I was looking for a pair of earrings to go with my necklace from Past Times, but didn't see any. Have sent the QVC ones back, not really what I wanted. next time we go to The Cheshire Oaks I will see what they have to match. Must admit I like things matching.
We then went to the next retail park, he wanted to go to Homebase so I nipped into Laura Ashley outlet shop. They do have some lovely things, but quite expensive. Did buy some lavender hearts which are really pretty, to send in John and Anns parcel for Christmas.I suppose we had better get that off soon the way the post is going here, talk of strikes all over. The sooner things are posted the better really.
Tonight we are having:
Sausages in mushroom gravy,
mashed potato with leek and a bit of creme fraiche,
Cabbage and leek.

No comments: