Sunday 13 June 2010

It Must be Summer!

I have got a sweater on and it is really grey, rainy and cold, and very dark in the house. Poured down this afternoon,so VT couldn't go out and sit outside with his cup of tea. He said at lunchtime it's raining, and I said it couldn't be because Bobby was just sitting there in front of their hut. They hate the rain and she would have dashed inside it for shelter. She came in a few minutes later..soaked..so VT dried her off, gave her some cat food, and she disappeared off to bed probably. Did it for attention I bet.
He went out this morning, but wasn't long..nothing doing he said. I have been working on my Sourdough starters for a few days now. My one from the fridge was looking decidedly iffy, with a very nasty smelling hooch on top. But, slowly and surely I have fed it, and seem to have rescued it so it is at last getting bubbles on the surface.
My other container was made from my dried flakes that I have been storing for a long while. They started bubbling within a few days, so we decided to make a Sourdough loaf this morning using those. Triumph..it has risen beautifully. I make the dough in the bread machine using the dfough cycle only, then take it out when that is done. Put the dough on the work surface and do the folding, envelope style about four or five times with a good rest in between each. Then turn it into my loaf tin and leave to rise. This can take a few hours, but it didn't let me down and we now have one beautiful Sourdough loaf sitting on the surface.

It is good to get baking again. There was a picture of a Sourdough loaf in the paper last week for £21!!! Good grief..Couldn't believe it.
After making the loaf, we made the pizza dough for this evening. That seems like something out of the Day of the Triffids, it is growing over the top of the bowl about three times. VT will make that into our Sunday pizza later.

Today we did the crosswords in what seems like record time..VT didn't have to use the computer much at all.
Tonight we are having:
Pizza with our tomato sauc
Mushrooms, pepper, mozzarella, herbs and pineapple and sausage (meatfree)
potato salad and pasta salad
egg and potao salad and avocado.

No comments: