Monday 21 June 2010

Up Early..

Up very early for us actually. i had an appointment at walton for nine o'clock so we had to leave the house by eightish. this meant getting up at seven, but Bobby came on the bed to annoy me with her whisker torture at first light so I was already awakish. I asked VT what time it was and he said five..night night. I got Bobby a bit comfortable and dozed off again fitfully as they say.
Up and going by seven though, even before the alarm went off.
the traffic wasn't bad actually, the normal spots that are usually jammed weren't, so we made good time and were there for a quarter to nine. £1 to park which is ok, I expec6t it will be a lot more when the clinic moves to Fazackerley later in the year.
I seemed to be ages waiting for the first bits, where they take your blood pressure, weight and blood, but eventually got in. Didn't make a comment about my weight so must be ok.
the Dr was quite nice, an Indian man but very polite and thorough. VT nearly got to go in as well..God Forbid!!! he has been in once with me to the Dieticians clinic, and that was terrible..he didn't leave me alone after that..you can't have that you can't have this..drove me mad. He is well meaning..but just nosey, wants to know everything.
The doc mentioned a urinary infection said maybe it needed looking into, and upped one of my pills by a dose. Had a poke about my feet, and asked the usual question about my missing toe. We were out by 10ish.
over to Sainsbury's, just across the main road, to get out weekly veggies and a cup of coffee before we got going. Great big cups there, too big for me, and it is very strong coffee too. they have little squirty tubes of milk which go everywhere when you open them, horrible. maybe we should have taken our own.Certainly a lot cheaper.
Home in time for another cup of coffee, but a baby one in our little espresso cups.
Bobby and Rusty were both around when we got home, and the little ginger girl came out to greet the car when it arrived. It's a lovely little cat that one..always comes out to us when the car drives up, she knows she will get some biscuits I suppose.
Just watched Roger federer at Wimbledon, came from two sets to love down to win, three sets to two. He's such a lovely player, hope he does well.
Tonight we are having:
Escalope of some sort, maybe lemon and black pepper,
Squashed new potatoes
mixed vegetables,
bread sauce.

No comments: