Wednesday 30 June 2010

It's a hot One..

Absolutely gorgeous today, and the sun is blazing down. Way too bright to go out without sunglasses on today.
Went out to Waitrose this morning to get some things we had run out of. Vt wanted to get a new filter cloth for the cooker hood too, so he left me in Waitrose while he went off. We had run out of some of the crackers we have at the weekend, I like their spelt flatbreads in particular, and they have a really nice smoked oatcake that VT loves so got some of those. And a few other things..so the bill was £38!! terrible shop for impulse buys, you always see things that look appealing. I'm a terrible impulse buyer, but VT goes in with a list in mind and that is what he gets.Much cheaper I know..but there is fun in getting things on impulse.
Jane rang up after lunch and we had a lovely long chat. She is making kedgeree for tea, and was waiting for Rachel to come back with the cream. She was telling me about her course which sounds good, and she is looking forward tostarting college in Sept. She had got the DVD of Lovely Bones last night and she said it is a fantastic film. I read the book ages ago and really enjoyed it and it sounds like the film is as good as the book. We will have to get that at the weekend.
While she was on I was watching the Roger Federer match, and he lost! I am shocked, he was well beaten too, by two sets to one. What a shame..leaves the way clear for Nadal now, and maybe Murray who is playing well at the moment and is winning in straight sets. I do like a bit of tennis, it is about the only sport that I follow with any interest, certainly not football. Isee all the England flags have gone now..wonder why?
Tonight we are having:
Quorn meatballs in tomato and basil sauce,
Wholemeal spaghetti
Carrot batons
A little bit of garlic bread.

No comments: