Wednesday 16 February 2011

In Which VT Plays Coalman...

We ordered four bags of coal the other day, and was expecting it this morning.We got up fairly early for us, but were listening to the Radio 2 in the extension after our breakfast. Somehow we must have missed the doorbell because VT went out to see if the little cat was there, and came back to say there were four bags of coal in our front garden!
I think he was blaming me really, because he said the music was too loud...meaning I had it turned up to hear the Popmaster Quiz. Since I am as deaf as a post, it is the only way I can hear the questions.Poor VT..he does suffer with my bad hearing, often there must be times when I drive him mad with the sound being too loud, or having to repeat what he says so often. he has the patience of a Saint really..I wouldn't put up with me easily. I wonder what it must be like to have good hearing? There is one advantage to being deaf though, I take my ears out at night, and then I'm dead to the world.
Anyway, because the coal was in the front garden, VT had to hump it round to the back. This involves quite a long trip, along one entry, up a set of steps and the final entry at the back of all our houses. He was soon to be heard saying.."They earn their money these coalmen!"
Little Rusty was keeping an eye on him as he was doing this,she is a nosy little cat, and always wants to know what you are doing, so she follows him down the entry and stands on the step usually till he comes back...Aaaah.
Our next door neighbour rang up this morning too, to ask VT to turn off her mobile phone, she had left it on charge, so he said that the girl at the end house had a skip still outside the house, and did she want the old bike moving..so he ended up doing that as well.They are having a memorial service on Friday for him, down there in Chichester, that will be another hard day for her.

I have a couple of appointments this next few weeks, the eye clinic on Friday, then I had two appointments for the diabetic clinic, one for next Monday and the other a letter one for the Monday following, so I rang them, and it is the one the following week which is right. Good job i rang, or it would have been a wasted journet, and it is a faff going there.
Tonight we are having:

Maybe Spaghetti and meatballs, Or,
Quorn fillet in a sauce with rice and veggies.

No comments: