Thursday 24 February 2011

The Sun is Shining...On the Dust!!

Woke up this morning to a bright sunny day for a nice change. We hadn't made any plans to go anywhere, so i started moving things around a bit. By things..I mean stuff which is left lying around and makes the house untidy. Neither of us are naturally tidy people, with VT being marginally worse..well maybe a lot worse!. he has flat surfaceitis. He cannot see a flat surface without putting something on it! Consequently it all piles up, and needs major clear out every now and again. Tables, chairs, up the stairs all has stuff on them If i leave the ironing board out long enough, that gets covered as well. Can't complain though, when he brings me a cup of coffee every morning, and goes up to put the electric blanket every evening, plus hundreds of other thoughtful things he does every day.
We caught a glimpse of a property show this lunchtime, where a young couple were looking for a property for £430,000!!!! These property shows are dreadful, they never show the reality of looking for a first place to live with a tiny deposit and a mortgage they can't really afford, or are scraping by to meet. We were so lucky in that we have never had a mortgage, our little house was the one that belonged to my mum and dad, and dad left it to me when he died. must have saved us thousands over the years. I keep telling VT he married an heiress!! It's so tough for kids these days, but they do seem to want everything at once some of them. Jane seems to be stuck in the rental market. To us it seems like dead money, but she says it is too expensive to buy where she lives.
She rang up last night, thrilled because she has got an interview at salford for Radiology for a deferred year. She had got a rejection letter from them a while ago, but this was an email inviting her for intervciew. That's really good news for hershe does interview well because she has plenty to say for herself, so maybe she will get on that course.
Tonight we are having:
pasta with Spinach and Ricotta Sauce,
A little bit of garlic bread
Mixed green vegetables to go with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny I had to laugh at your post today.. rung so many bells for me. I like to think that my house as the 'mimimalistic' look but unfortunately it takes a lot of hard work to achieve that look!! haha I don't know where all the junk comes from - just tidy up and there it is again all over the place.. This week whilst Nigel and Karl have been away it has given me the opportunity to have a 'throw out'.
I hope Jane gets the job and I have left you my address on private message on facebook. take care, Judyx