Friday 25 February 2011

Oh I Wish...


VT loaded this yesterday, and I thought it was just a beautiful calm image.
I was better at the technology of life. We seem to be surrounded by it so much these days,and learning how to do things does not come easily to me I'm afraid. I remember the "Baker" days in school, where we would spend all day trying to cover some aspects of computering. I wasn't on my own by any means, and most of the trainers were really dreadful to be honest. You would go wrong, and they would lean over you and press a few buttons, and say "there you go"m and you hadn't a clue what they had done.
I did learn a lot after I left school, mainly by using websites I was interested in, and I can do some basic things, like post a photo, send emails use forums etc., but i lag behind when it comes to the more difficult procedures. Facebook leaves me floundering to a large extent though, it is quite hard I find getting anywhere on that. You can..poke someone!! send a private message?? post on a wall!! post on someone elses wall etc., etc., It's a whole new language. No wonder the children of today are proceeding so quickly, it must be easier when taught in school. Remember the good old days of exercise books and pens? I can even go back as far as slates!! I can!! the little school which was in a house (small) round the corner from where we live, we were all taught in one room, and we used to use slates to learn writing. Darn good school it was too.

We went off to ASDA this morning. We don't go there very often, because it is a bit of a journey. VT bought some petrol on the way.. I told him to stock up a bit if it is going up. so gave him £40!!!!!!! Good grief, that only half filled his tank!!!! Good job we don't do a lot of driving.
Stocked up in ASDA, and got the things for the weekend. Quite busy, and a woman at the checkout with a terrible cough.. Hope it isn't swine flu!! That seems to be on the wane now, it isnt't in the news any more.It is all about Libya at the moment.
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers
Chips ( a treat and only 200grms)
mushy peas for VT and green beans for moi.
Tartare sauce.

No comments: