Monday 13 June 2011

Gone...Goodness Knows Where..

Yesterday afternoon I spent quite a long time actually doing my entry for the day. I did a longish one in the end, and when finished I pressed the "publish post" button, only for the whole thing to disappear never to be seen again. Found the draft of it eventually, but for some reason there was only the forst line. So, all my wise words for the day have gone into the Mists of Time somewhere..Ah Well! I know I should have copied it, but it is one of those things you just don't get round to, maybe next time, or this time even!
yesterday, was so cold we had little heaters on everywhere we went, really breezy and drizzly all day, and the little cats didn't venture out much at all. VT has been looking at our Home Insurance for the last week, since we had a quote from the AA who we usually go with which had gone up dramatically. So he went online to the Go Compare website, entered our details and got a list of quotes from a variety of companies. The top ones were worth looking at, especially since they were half of what we had been quoted from the AA. In the end he decided to go with the Liverpool Victoria, an established name and they were offering a replacement housing feature if something dire happens which makes the house uninhabitable, plus a discount on legal fees too. All the same as the AA for half of the amount! So he was well chuffedd, he saved £200 by shopping around. Martin Lewis would be proud of him. So often you just accept the quote given and renew it, especially if you are on automated debit, and end up paying the increases without realising. So, the AA have lost our business, and for that matter his car insurance too which he got much cheaper through SAGA.
Bit brighter today, but still cool, not warm enough for me without a coat. We had to go into Formby to pay some money into Jane's bank account. The idea is to clear her overdraft..I certainly didn't think we would still be bank rolling her at 28!! They say you are never finished with kids!
Luckily we parked right outside the bank, then we went down to Waitrose to get our veggies for the week. Plenty of parking spaces there today, but the store was so cold. I think they had the air con on, going round the chilled freezers were really cold. VT was hurrying me round mainly because he wanted to get back for his coffee I think!

Tonight we are having:
Lemon and Black Pepper escalope
bread sauce
little baked potatoes
Mixedf vegetables..chanterey carrots and broccoli.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear poor you :( that's happened to me a few times and it always seems to happen on our 'best' post!! lol
Taking it easy today as I've got a head cold and everytime I cough or bend over my head aches!! so doing housework and generally potting around and feeling sorry for myself !! hahah