Wednesday 15 June 2011

Warming Up!

Bit wartmer today, so we went out for a bit of fresh air. We had to go and get some chicken for the babies anyway or they would have been wondering what was going on at half past one when they assemble for their daily dose of chicken treat!It's my fault really, years ago I bought them some reduced chicken from ASDA I think it was, and ever since they come into the kitchen at our lunchtime and wait patiently for their daily dose of chicken treat.
So, we decided to go to Dobbies and get our coffees for the month and some bedding plants for a few pots at the back, and one at the front. Must admit, we weren't very inspired by the bedding plants..they had plenty of them, but they are all well, a bit boring. i did spot some lovely marroon and yellow striped petunias in some hanging baskets, but they didn't sell those separately..wouldn't you know it. So we had our coffees then VT went off in search of his plants and I went round the food hall. Only bought some mints and a box of shortbread biscuits..very restrained.
Bother, I have just remembered that I wanted to get a purple plant pot that I have had my eye on to put our Orchid in and I've forgotten it. Never mind I'll get it next time.
Called in at Tescaw on the way home..can't believe I have been in there twice in one week!!!! got their chicky and some water and diet lemonade for us, we seem to go through an aawful lot of soft drinks at mealtimes. I hate drinking water..I know it is good for you but I find it so bland. I remember when I had the Colonostomy I had to drink two litres of water in the day, and it was Hell.
Letter from John and Ann when we got home, that had only taken five days to get here from their house to ours, that's Perth in Australia to here, not bad going. She had received all the birthday gifts so I'm glad they had arrived safely, you never know with Australia customs. They did say that their next door neighbour had been killed in a road accident on the Beverley/Perth road, and they were quite shocked about that. She can't have been that old because they were talking about her 40th birthday a while ago. Such tragedies..
Poor little ginger girl is at the front and back of our house, it hears our car and comes running..i so hope she gets a good home somewhere.
Tonight we are having:
Linda McCartney sausage rolls
Some small potatoes sliced and sauteed
A small tin of something saucey.

No comments: