Sunday 15 July 2012

Bank of Mum and Dad...

Jane rang up this morning on her way to work, she had got there too early because she's left the house earlier because of the expected traffic. She is trying to bump up her hours at the moment, they are still very busy with the Olympics, and are on time and a half or double time, so that's boosting her wage packet quite a bit. She had a problem though, her overdraft at the bank has been reduced, so she'd got petrol at the garage, then went to the cash machine and found she only had twelve pounds so was asking me very nicely for £200 to tide her over her bills next week. So we went online and transferred some money over to her account for her. Poor kid, she is working all hours this week, and she's done so well with her course this year, I'm not having her worrying about finances..life's too short for that. Vin rang her later but she was in work so rung back when she was on a break. Winding her up, I told her I'd put £500 in her bank and that was the whole of old age pension for the month and we'd be living n scraps all month..not. Well you've got to help them out haven't you. Vin went out to crosby after that to get our salad for tonight and some other stuff he needed. At least it was sunny today, and the washing was out on the line for a change. Gone cool again now though, and there is a smell of the sea in the air, which is a bad sign usually round here. Well I'm edging towards my gynae appointment next tuesday, hoping that I can get sorted out a bit then. probably be an operation according to my GP., but we'll see what happens. At least when I go for this one I don't have to go with a full bladder!!! The little cats are a bit like me at the moment, tied to the house, and just going out for a little bit, then coming back inside. Can't blame them really. Tonight we are having: pizza with our tomato sauce and portobello mushrooms Salad with egg and avocado, potato salad for moi and a florida salad for Vin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We would be rich too if we didn't have a son!!!! lol