Wednesday 30 April 2008

Coats!!

Went off to Ormskirk this morning, and before we left VT said "it's quite cold out" so I put my padded coat on as usual. It turned out to be quite warm actually, and my coat is definitely getting too warm for the weather. I had to go into the Bon Marche shop to exchange a pair of trousers that are too big!!!!! and had a look around while I was there. Spied a nice Olive coloured Parka, for £25 which I tried and it looked quite good, so bought that. I have a really good pink coat that I wore a lot for a fcouple of years in the spring and summer, but I think it will be too big now.
The big weigh in this morning, which showed us both the same, but the "Healthy Eating Plan" must have made a difference since I am now buying smaller clothing, and VT occasionally says I am looking thinner!
Bought a pair of slippers in the soon to be closing Ethel Austin shop for £2.50. God knows how long they will last, but we will give them a try. I have been having a bit of trouble with slippers lately, rubbing my feet, and has given me a sore toe again, so it is trial and error really. Made a Chiropody appointment for later on in May, so hope it will be healed before then or you get told off.
Tonight we are having:
Thai Fillets.. or Tomato fillets,
Spring Stew..which is broad beans, Fresh Peas, Asparagus, green beans, a touch of lemon zest and Creme fraiche, and a few baby potatoes.
It is a recipe from:
http://www.101cookbooks.com/
Which is a wonderful website mainly about Vegetarian food and recipes. Very good for ideas, and a site I visit often. My only regret is that she uses a lot of wholefood ingredients that are not available here , at least not yet.

No comments: