Monday 14 April 2008

Tescopoly..

Haven't been to Tesco's for ages. We have tended to go elsewhere ffor the Friday and Monday shopping, but decided to grace them with our presence again this morning.
Hasn't changed much really. Plenty of choice and variety, and at least we could park nearby for a change, and no parking ticket to buy either. Bought quite a lot of Quorn things, escallopes on BOGOF, and some good frozen Quorn items. Not a cheap item though, but it is our meat equivalent. Bought loads of vegetables, some fresh and some ready prepared, so enough for the rest of the week easily.
Had a look at the Lakeland Ltd., website to track my order, only to find that it is "awaiting Confirmation" yet again, for the third time this week. Sent them an e-mail and they replied pretty immediately. Quite impressed actually, there is apparently a blip in the system, and my order has been dispatched. I have ordered more of the variety bread mixes that come from Australia!! Seems terrible to get bread mixes from so far away, but they are very good!I especially like the german Rye one, and look forward to that. I have also ordered a salad spinner too since the nasty virus in Feb, I have often thought that I should wash the bagged salads as well. You never know.
Tonight we are having:
Soft Cheese and Ham Quorn escallope, one of the bogof ones.
Potatoes, probably roasted with sea salt and rosemary,
Mushrooms with thyme..since I bought a pot!
Vegetables of choice, carrots maybe and broccolli.
Jane hasn't rung for ages now..wonder what she is doing?

No comments: