Thursday 10 April 2008

Just five minutes!!!!!!

VT said he was going into Crosby this morning, so I said I would go with him, and just have five minutes in Sainsbury's...He went off to do his thing, and I went to do mine. £22 later..all I went in for was two baking potatoes, and a leek or some spring onions, but didn't I see other things we can't live without! wanted to get some Duchy Original Shortbread biscuits, but came out with Oaten biscuits!! God knows why.. also bought three bottles of wine, all supposed to be £3.99 a bottle but it turned out one was £4.49 ! and had to get the cats chicken, which was £3.99!!
Why so much for cats chicken? well it is a treat for them, they have some every day about lunchtime, I cut it up into tiny little pieces and they wolf it down. Bobby comes down every day at the right time, and sits by my feet while I chop it up. Then when I put the plate dowmn she sort of hops in excitement. Who couldn't enjoy that..Aaaah!
They have their treats every day, apart from the chicken, little Rusty has a piece of toast each morning with some of my cheese spread on it, and marmite on top, which she licks off with real enjoyment, then she has some cheese and chive dip spread over a little white heart shaped plate each lunchtime too. Then they both totally disappear!
Mad or what!!
Tonight we are having:
A sort of gratin with celeriac, and thinly sliced potato, with some cider poured over and a tiny bit of grated cheese on top.
broccolli,
Quorn cracked black pepper fillet, maybe, or a plain crumbed lemon and black pepper fillet.
Nice to see the computer working properly again today. yesterday it would only type in a block, so made the entry look untidy.

No comments: