Sunday 20 April 2008

Food Programmes..

I do like watching food programmes on the whole. Particularly good ordinary cooks or chefs. Not keen on "poncey" food programmes, like The Great british Menu is tending to be at the moment. One of the chefs on that this week was making olive oil ice cream with white chocolate..no thanks. Just watched a "Barefoot Contessa " episode berfore coming to do the crosswords, they are always entertaining, even if she has that irritating laugh and with her "it's so good". But her recipes are really good,but a bit heavy on the dairy! rather too much cream. I am really fond of delia Smith, she can do no wrong for me, all her recipes work, and I have made countless of her dishes. I like the look of her new "Cheats" cookery book, but don't think I will buy it because of the meat and fish content. Nigella is quite good to watch too, and I am quite fond of Rachel Allen. Her dishes are really ordinary good things to make. The men leave me fairly cold actually, AWT is on a lot, but I have never made anything of his. I have a bit of a soft spot for James Martin, his work looks as if they could be made fairly easily, and his programmes are very watchable. Then there is Rick Stein, but a lot of fish!! This morning I made a lovely Sourdough Potato and Oatmeal loaf in the new bread machine, then took that out to rise, and put a pizza dough in. That is presently rising to be made into our evening meal by VT. Tonight we are having: Pizza with home made tomato sauce, Roasted vegetables, and Goats Cheese. Salad with Avocado and baby plum tomatoes.

No comments: