Thursday 3 April 2008

Out and About...

Up early this morning, and off to The cheshire Oaks. Left the house at ten past nine, and had a quiet and uneventful journey there. The tunnel fees are still £1.30 but going up on the 6th April to £1.40. Quite cloudy when we left but cleared up when we got through the tunnel, and the sun shone through.
Fairly disappointed today, nothing much shouting at me. One of the shops I used to go in..Elvi has closed which was a real surprise, I thought it was there for good, and they had some nice things. I got a lovely mac last time we went, and a five pound voucher which is useless now of course. Wonder why it closed..it had only just moved from another site too. It seems every shop I get attached to shuts down, I liked the Liz Claiborne shop and that shut down too last year. Shame.
VT didn't buy anything either, he usually gets something from W.H.Smiths, but that has moved and changed a lot too. They don't seem to have the bargains that they used to have.
Had a nice coffee in Costa Coffee though, and bought some tasty sandwihes in Pret a Manger..too much fish in their sandwiches, you do have to search for a veggie one, but VT had falafel and lettuce, tomato etc., and I had a salad wrap with avocado tomato lettuce and pine nuts. Very nice too. I wonder why they don't put the calorie content on their sandwiches though.
Tonight we are having:
Green Thai Curry with chicken style pieces, and mushrooms,
1/2 a pack of microwave rice each,
Purple sprouting broccolli.

No comments: