Wednesday 23 April 2008

St Georges Day!! April 23rd..

Lovely today, but still quite coldish. went out with my scarf on but soon left it in the car since it was really warm.
went over to Ormskirk this morning because the Bon Marche shop that I go to has a %20 of everything sale today, so I wanted to have a mooch. Bought a few things, including two very nice bras for £9. Can't be bad.
Wanted to have a look at a book in Waterstones called "The Book Theif" which has been recommended by people on the Delia site, but it is very small print, a bit too small for me to read at nighttime. I think I will see if I can get it from the library maybe in a Large Print format.
St Georges Day today, but you would never know. There is always a fuss about the Welsh and the Irish ones but never about the English one. I think it is a disgrace really. Doesn't make you feel patriotic at all.
My dad died on St Georges Day in 1973 a good while ago now, 35 years ago actually. The time goes so quickly. Even the Delia Online site has a recipe of the day which is an Italian Pasta dish!!
Well, tonight we are having:
Sausages vegetarian ones..
Mashed potatoes with cauliflower and creme fraiche,
carrots and Peas,
Caramelised onion gravy.
Well, I am going to be traditional anyway.

Jane rang us up at lunch time to tell us all about her hospital appointments.. she is certainly getting her money's worth out of the National health Service.
Heard from John and Ann today also, they have the Cranford DVD and sent some photos and a book something about farmng and faith. Looks quite interesting. Glad they got the Cranford dvd though, it hasn't been on tv there yet so will be a nice treat for them.
Happy St. Georges Day One and All.

No comments: