Tuesday 1 July 2008

Slooow Day..

And who cares! it is one of those days when there is nothing much going on. VT went for the papers this morning then came home, did a bit of recycling and had a coffee then mooched.
Where does the recycling come from? sometimes I wonder how we managed before it became popular to recycle everything. Life was so much simpler then. Now we do plastic, papers, glass etc and VT is for ever going over to take it all to the bins. Newspapers are a big thing in our house, and we don't get that many, just one a day, and two at the weekends, but there are the free ones, and the extras..so I suppose they mount up.
Tonight we are having:
A pasta verdi..I have some nice asparagus, some green beans, soya beans, and some fresh peas. I will put all those together with a smattering of parmesan, and a square of garlic bread, and good to go. Got a tub of tomato and marscapone sauce..low fat in the freezer that should go well

Sitting here typing this and just had a phone call from the hospital regarding my visit yesterday. Apparently the potassium results are up, so she suggests that I watch the potassium intake. I need to go on the internet and see what foods are low in potassium, and she will ring the GP to let them know about a prescription to pick up. Never ending this mix of drugs that they use.. What a pain really. Life is so much simpler when you don't take anything..but that isn't good either.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Hey Jenny! You don't know me, but I was doing a google search for "hares and rabbits", and I found your blog. My entire family and extended family says that first thing each month for good luck, but I've never met (or even heard of) anyone else who also participates in that silly ritual. Any idea where that comes from?
-Colin
PS I'm sure you had great luck last month, right?

JennyMac said...

Hello Colin,
Lovely to hear from you. You are actually only the second person to leave a comment on my blog. I just do it every day as a bit of fun, and was originally intended as a sort of diary for our healthy eating plan.
But I digress.
Hares and Rabbits is something we have all said for ever. Sometimes we are lucky sometimes not, but we wouldn't dream of letting the day go by without saying it. Funny isn't it.
Was last month a lucky one for you eh?
Jenny.