Saturday 7 February 2009

In Which Daddy Goes a'hunting.....

Not really..but he was going out to Maghull on one of his mooches to get cat food etc., so I told him to get some of the bargain toilet rolls from Lidl. Charmin ones at £6 odd for 24..pretty cheap. Now he wasn't too keen on this, but he rang up before to tell me he had got "my" bog rolls. He said they had loads and lots of people were buying them.
Haven't been in that shop much at all, well it is a bit out of the way really, off the beaten track, but he says it is a big shop with a big car park so maybe we will make a visit some time.
Neither of us wanted to move this morning..I do have to say the new duvet is gorgeous. It makes the bed too comfortable though so you don't want to get up and face the cold. We have put the old one in the middle room on the bed, and Bobby has settled on that..she looks lovely, all curled up and innocent looking. Mind you she was crawling all over me at some ungodly time this morning, tickling my face with her whiskers, and picking my neck with her claws. I know it is lovely, but it still wakes you up.
Cheese scones from Farrington Gurney todaly for lunch, I will warm them in the oven later. It is a lovely farm shop..and it is a good job it isn't nearer, we would be as fat as pigs!
Last night in the end..we did a casserole with...potatoes 8oz, 2 carrots 1 parsnip 1 leek 1 swede all chopped in big chunks. A jug of stock, and a tin of chopped tomatoes, and tucked some quorn meatballs in the middle of it all. Absolutely delicious actually. With it I did some Aunt Bessies red Cabbage and apple which was really good.
Tonight we are having:
Chinese.. Egg fried rice with 4oz of rice,
Quorn popcorn bites,
Cashew sauce,
Stirfry vegetables.

No comments: