Sunday 8 February 2009

Sunday Snow...

I began one of my letters to John and Ann in Australia, my brother and his wife. Saw on the news yesterday that there have been horrendous fires in Melbourne. This is the opposite part of the country to where they are but it is mighty hot there. temperatures of 46degrees!! way too hot for me. I remember when my foot was bad, nearly three years ago we had some extremely hot weather and it was pretty bad, but nothing like that. And, further up the coast in Queensland they are having dreadful floods, and people on the lookout for crocodiles!. Here we are moaning over a little bit of snow!
While I was writing my letter we were watching the snow fall outside, but very briefly, quite nice, big fat flakes and very pretty..if you are not out in it!
Did a bread mix loaf today for a chanage,and am not too pleased with it. The last one I did was excellent, really nice and well risen, this one os a brown one and quite flat, but I am sure it will taste good and toast well. Did the roast vegetables, and the pizza base for later, that is rising beautifully.
The crosswords today were really fairly easy. VT did the MOS one almost all on his own, and I finished it off while he had a cup of tea and watched Time Team. I hate that programme, can't stand the voice of the host. he gives me the creeps. We watched Lark Rise to Candleford while we did our crosswords and enjoyed that. It has been a really good series with an exc3ellent cast. Very twee..but watchable.
Tonight we are having:
Pizza with tomato sauce,
Roast vegetables,
Goats Cheese or Mozzarella or both.
Salad with avocado and cucumber and baby plum tomatoes,
Potato salad and Rice salad for VT.

No comments: