Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snow Gone...

But, very cold. Since we didbn't go out yesterday we made up for that today. VT had an early appointment at the dentist in Waterloo, 10.30, so we got up reasonably but not before our coffee! We stopped at the library, where the car park was full, but we were lucky and a car was just pulling out. It is ages since we went to the library, well before Christmas. We tend to renew the books we have online now, you can do that easily now. I just renewed my Handmade Loaf book which \I have had out for an age, then got some large print reading books. The library has been re-organised and so now you can't find anything! which is par for the course. Took me an age to find the cookery books, but then I didn't see anything I fancied getting out. Truth be told, a lot of the cookery books are so heavy, and I didn't fancy lugging them around. VT came out of the dentists very quickly and caught me up at the library, and then we nipped off to Sainsbury's to get our veggies for the week.
It said in the Crosby Herald which I had a quick look at in the library, that the Sainsbury's in Crosby is looking to upgrade their store to one four times the size. What a good thing that would be. It is my most unfavourite store in Merseyside, apart from any Tescaw that is! It is so small, and you can't move in there. We just get the free half hour parking, then whizz round as fast as we can.
Got a good selection of veggies though, so have enough to keep us going for the rest of the week. I am aiming to use things out of the freezer for the next few weeks, so just need top ups of veg.
Tonight we are having:
Quorn mince style puddings,
Baby potatoes crushes,
Vegetables..carrots and broccoli.
Gravy.
Well it is so cold today you really want warming things.

No comments: