Sunday 8 March 2009

It's the Weekend...

Saturday and Sunday together again.
Saturday we fiddled around a bit really. nothing too much to do. VT went out to get a few bits and pieces and I worked a bit on the computer. Spent the afternoon watching a few things we had recorded since the television was generally sport or old films of no interest.
Last night we had:
Chinese Spring Rolls,
Egg fried rice,
Stir Fry vegetables, plum and ginger sauce.

Sunday.. Far more to do. We made a nice loaf in the breadmaker. Today for a change we used a Hovis bread mix, a wholemeal one. That has turned out beautifully, but not got the flavour of the Sourdough that I usually do. Still well worth making. Then made the Pizza dough in the usual way to our normal recipe. VT does the flour for that so each time it is a bit different, today he put a bit more spelt flour in it for a change. Did our own roast vegetables, which are turning out to be far tastier than the bought ones, and not so much onion in them. VT did my hair colour today. I have been walking round with white patch of hair at the front of my head where the colour has gone,so he puts the colour on for me. We had a funny little talk about where you go for your holidays and he said don't make him laugh because it makes him put the colour on wrong. He made a really good job of it actually Bless Him.
I like Sundays. We do so many sort of creative things and they all turn out well. I love my bit of cooking but am sorry I can't do cakes any more having to be healthy.
The crosswords are fairly easy today. Mine ..the Mail You magazine was a mass of football teams so VT finished those off otherwise that was quite easy. he had a few awkward ones on his but they were quick on the puter. He nearly finished the MOS one all on his own, just left a very few for me to look up, I was quite impressed with him today.
Mind you the two machines help. He has a britannica one which is very good.I have a little crossword solver which I like and is really useful.
Tonight we are having:
Pizza as usual with Roasted Vegetables and our tomato sauce.
Salad with baby plum tomatoes, cicimber and avocado and seeds.
Potato salad and Coleslaw.

No comments: