Tuesday 9 March 2010

Day of Rest..

VT decided today would be a day of rest, that is we wouldn't go out anywhere. Quite nice actually to just stop in and not do a lot. He did go out this morning to buy a new lamp for over the front door. Since the one over the back door was so dodgy, I said the front one would be the same. It was. So he went to get another for there. This time he has got plastic covered ones but a similar style. He fitted the back door one yesterday, and it looks lovely. Very bright in the dark. A shining beacon no less!
I finished the last chapter of my book..a Patricia Cornwell novel..The Murder book, and a kay Scarpetta book. I do have to say that her books are nowhere as good as they used to be. i found this one quite boring, and found myself skip reading some sections. I wonder if she has lost her touch? Maybe. She needs to develop new characters, or get another style going. definitely gone off. Now I shall have to find another one to read, I hate starting a new book takes me a bit to get into it. Might start the Maeve Binchy one I have been keeping.
Tonight we are having:
A common tea!!
Quorn crispy fillet,
8oz sliced fried potatoes..done in fry light,
Tin of spaghetti,
Sliced mushrooms.

No comments: