Friday 12 March 2010

Tescaw...

Well they got us..the lure of a ten pound off thirty coupon in the post sent to VT got us there today for our weekend shop.
I do have to say I really don't like Tescaw..it is always extremely crowded and the aisles are so crammed it is hard to get round. We traipsed around getting our usual weekend things and a few things we sometimes get there, and VT said have we got £30 quids worth? It turned out we had £40 quids worth but the ten pound off did make a difference. Do have to admit that is a good offer. the only trouble is that we have another three os these coupons to use up in successive weeks, so I suppose we will go and use them, then that will be it. I do try to avoid tescaw..just don't like them or their shopping tactics. they work though don't they.
Another lakeland catalogue in the post this morning..they do seem to send an awful lot of catalogues..it must cost them a fortune. I think I have most of everything I need, and haven't seen anything that my heart desires..not from the Lakeland catalogue anyway.
One thing we bought this morning was a loaf without crusts!! My mum would be turning over in her grave!. we were looking for a loaf to use in the toastie machine, and there were so many of them I got fed up and picked this one up. Kingsmill crusts away..high fibre. turns out it was brilliant, and made a lovely toastie for our lunch. i spread the bread with a little pesto, then cheese slices with a tomato sliced..very tasty. Would make lovely cucumber sandwiches too!
Last night we had a treat.. a small amount of green and Blacks vanilla ice cream with baileys dribbled over..lovely. VT has been restriciting my alcohol for ages because one of the tablets |I take says no alcohol, but he was talking to the chemist over the road and he hsaid it wasn't a problem really. so Cheers!
Tonight we are having:
Waitrose pasties..cheese and onion.
VT's very favourite.

No comments: