Wednesday 24 March 2010

Ear Ear!!

Had an appointment this morning with the hearing aid consultant in Southport.That was 11O'Clock and we were there on time but didn't get in tillabout a quarter past. he was a new bloke..have to say I didn't like him much, he kept slagging off the chap who was there previously, very unprofessional I think. VT took an instant dislike to him too, said first impressions weren't good. He serviced both of the hearing aids, and told me about a new technology that was much better than the ones I had. he said that mine which were eight years old technology were getting towards the end and new ones would improve my hearing. I could tell that VT was thinking that he was just selling, but, they are such an important part of my life that you do want the best. The last pair cost me £3.320!!! and a new pair isn't much more than that but with better technology. VT was trying to get me to think about it really I think mainly because he didn't like the bloke. My deafness is a problem, always has been I had a mastoid operation on my right ear when I was very small. All due to TB infected milk!! I tend to avoid social situations like the plague and that was a real problem in school.
I shall have to givce it some thought.
After going there we went into the town centre and then to M&S for our coffee. I had an Americano and a large one. VT had a loyalty card which he used today to get a free one. He usually gets a large one and I have a small one but he got two big cups because it was a better offer, Shop was really busy, and it was quite difficult to find a table, and a rainy wet Wednesday too.
I had a bit of a look round the food hall but nothing exciting in the vegetarian department, so got the cvats their chicken and a few veggies and met VT who had been to TK Max and bought a netbook/laptop cover for £7. Good bargain. we went up the road to Superdrug and I got my Linco Beer shampoo the only place on Merseyside that sells it now. Stocked up with five cartons, and got a ten per cent discount with the coupon.
Home for lunch.
Tonight we are having:
A pasta bake with a cheese and spinach sauce,
Side dish of vegetables..maybe cabbage or petit pois and carrots,
A small garlic bread.

No comments: