Friday 5 March 2010

Where Are the Daffodils??

We went over to Ormskirk this morning for the weekend things, mainly to go to morrisons for a change.
We take a country route which takes about 20-30 mins depending on roadworks or traffic etc. usually about this time of the year there are loads of daffodils around the houses, but there are none yet. I suppose it is a leftover from the dreadful winter weather we have had. the poor bulbs are still keeping warm in the soil. It was a nice sunny day today though so maybe they will spring up soon.
Had a lovely look round, paid our money into the budget account to cover the heating, then got my things in Superdrug and had a look in Bon marche. They had a lovely coat I had my eye on reduced in the sale by %50. If the one I was wearing was getting a bit worn I might have bought it but I can't buy any more coats. it was a lovely colour though, a sort of deep raspberry shade, really nice. I like that shop, always get something there and the clothes are very good quality too. I bought a pair of denim jean type trousers for £13 which will last for ages, and they fit beautifully.When I got to the till, the lady said if you spend another two pounds you get 10% off and I had been looking at a pair of slippers so went back and got those. Then she said that puts you into the %15 off range..so I did well this morning. Saved quite a bit. Sorry i didn't get the coat though.
Got our fishless fingers at Holland and Barratt, and went to M&S for our salads. None to be had there, not the ones we get anyway, so went to Morrisons. We had an hour left on our ticket so got round there quickly, And out with about 15mins to spare. lovely soup for lunch and one of their tiger rolls, which we could smell all the way home. Soup was reduced 69p for two of us..not bad.
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers..
Mushy peas for VT and carrots for me and a few green beans,
Chips!! the treat, just 200grms for two of us.
Tartare sauce.

No comments: