Thursday 25 March 2010

St patrick's Day

This is the post that I did on the 17th of March, that I thought had disappeared into outer space. found it in a draft so here it is belatedly.
St patricks day..
St patricks day..

I might have an irish name, but there is no Irish in me, so no celebrations for us today. No bunches of shamrock, or Irish stew for tea..nothing. Now if it was a lancashire day it might be different. At the time of typing this..Steve Wright is on the radio, and playing such a cheesey version of danny Boy you wouldn't believe!
We went out this morning, since the cats needed chicken, so we decided to go and get our free coffees in Dobbies as well. It's quite a nice journey, and a lovely day so no hardship. Lo and behold they have changed everything round! I do wish shops and places wouldn't do that, it is so confusing. I suppose it is meant to make you walk around more. I wanted to buy a nice book I had seen on a display the last time we had been there, but of course they had moved. VT spotted them tucked away in a corner, so I had a look at them while he looked for something he wanted. I wanted to get Ann one ofr her birthday. I know she likes writing things down,and this one is called a memento book. It is becoming quite popular these days to write things down for your offspring..I think it is a lovely idea, there is something nice about the written word. You coulf put stories or poems or favourite anecdotes..whatever you want really. We also bought some candles then went for our coffees.
We used to go to a little area with tables and proper seats, more comfy than the ones in the main area where you go for your meals. But...iat has gone.. there is a poncey little "Tea Room" in its place, with waitress service and a piano in the middle!!!!! So we had to go into the main area with the plebs ha ha. Oh well the coffee is the same, and we take our own biscuits so it only costs 20p, because VT has an upgrade.
We called in at Tescaw on the way back..twice in one week!!! to get the cat's chicken, and i wanted some asparagus. Nice tray of English asparagus reduced to £1.25 so got those. Also saw a jumper by thea front door on sale. £7 reduced to £5..so picked that up..gorgeous colour of pink. Whizzed round and got the other things and went to pay. The jumper VT pointed out was further reduced to £3.50 and athere was 20% off clothing as well so my jumper was £2.80 !!!! Bargain or what. Well pleased.
Tonight we are having:


We also bought some candles, and then went for our coffee. draft 17/03/2010 by JennyMac

No comments: