Friday 2 April 2010

Good friday..

Easter preparations..not many in our house really, just a matter of stocking up so we have enough ordinary things to last till tuesday.
We don't have any plans for a special easter lunch or meal, we tend to have the same weekend things as usual. i am planning to do our Christmas Hazelnut cake for Easter instead of at Christmas. I have the hazelnuts already bought, and the raspberries in the freezer from Christmas. Unfortunately we were both very under the weather over Christmas, so I will make it this weekend. I am going to decorate the top with little mini eggs instead of raspberries, and make it a bit different for the season.
We went to Waitrose in formby this morning to do our shopping,I thought it would be quite quiet, but the car park was heaving actually, and the shop busy. We were lucky and found a parking space just as someone was pulling out. The shop was busy, but you can still get round well enough, it is a pleasant shop. We got all of the things on our list and when I said to the lady at the checkout how busy it was, she said you should have been here yesterday, it was like Christmas! We decided to have a coffee in the cafe since it was latish, and we wouldn't have time to go home for one..£7 10p for two coffees, and a pack of two shortbread biscuits!!!! No wonder there were only 17 people in the cafe! Wouldn't like to have a meal in there! It's actually cheaper to go to costa which is our favourite one of all. I think they are pushing it for what is after all a supermarket.
last night I made a pear crisp.


I made the crisp in a different way from usual which is the rubbing in method. this time I used wholemeal flour, a handful of oats a tiny bit of sugar, and I melted the margarine and then mixed it in. Very quick and very successful, it made a lovely crisp almost flapjack topping. the reason I made these, was that I had a pack of very nice pears that were beginning to go overripe so wanted to use them up. Well worth it. I wanted to put ginger in, but couldn't find any in the cupboard, but did have a pack of pumpkin spice mix I had bought in the states. perfect..that had cinnamon ginger, nutmeg and other spices and was absolutely perferct.
Tonight we are having:
Fishless fingers,
Chips,
Mushy peas for VT and a pack of steamed green veg for moi.

1 comment:

筱婷筱婷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.