Friday 9 April 2010

Waitrose..

Seems like we are going there a lot these days. mind you we don't go mad in there..too expensive. Just got the weekend things really and a few things on offer. Anybody notice the terrible price of tomatoes lately..they seem to have shoot through the roof at the moment. I do like my tomatoes, but the price of the ones on the vine is exorbitant, £1.99 for 6 tomatoes!!!! I wish we had a greenhouse, then we could grow some, the ones my Dad used to grow were wonderful, now they had taste to them. He used to always win prizes at the local village show with them, and they smelled like proper tomatoes should. I think they are picked too early while they are still green so the flavour isn't there.
Phone went last night, Hello its Christine from the Village surgery..Is that Jennifer? You have a prescription to collect from the last hospital visit you had.. Me..That was four weeks ago!! At least they didn't get me in for a review..Got away with that.o Four weeks ago though..I could be dead and buried by now.
Anyway VT has just been over for the prescription which was faxed through, so that's an improvement at least.
Lovely warm day today, with a definite Spring touch in the air. For once the car actually felt warm when we got back in and VT actually took his coat off. He was saying he would have to get his short sleeved shirts out. Bit early for me though, I feel the cold more than he does.
Tonight we are having:
Sliced sauteed potatoes 8oz
Crispy Quorn fillets,
Green beans for moi and baked beans for VT

No comments: