Friday 23 April 2010

St Georges Day Today..

I had completely forgotten about that, till we were in our little cafe in Ormskirk and there were red and white flags all over the walls. I thought it was for an important England football match! then VT said it was for St georges Day.. Felt stupid then. Should have remembered, because my dad died on St Georges Day in 1973. It is William Shakespeares birthday too. Maybe we would make more of a fuss if we celebrated that instead. Trouble is England isn't England any more too many immigrants and other nationalities. There isn't a sense of being English any more these days.
We went into Ormskirk this morning and took my money to Mr Morrison via his supermarket. Did a bit of mooching as well, it was a really nice day actually, but still a cool wind. I bought a great little light coat from Bon Marche in a sort of crushed raspberry and cream colour. Got my bonus card filled too so have £5 of anything next time I go there.
There was a little woman following me around the shop. Really funny, she was telling me her life history. I picked up a jumper and she said there's a hair on that one, then I picked up a v-neck one and she said i don't like v-necks. She said I take size XXL and I'm over fifteen stone you know. I said you don't look it, and she said the doctors said that I have the blood of a twenty year old! I think she was lonely. Anyway I picked up my jacket which I was pleased about because it is a M size and got to the till before she said she didn't like that either.
Went to M&S then. Bit disappointed that they didn't have our salad, and their sell by dates are so short, you really have to search for ones that will keep for more than a day or so.
Morrisons then to get the weekend things. They have a great range, and we got a gorgeous Spelt and Rye loaf for our lunchtime sandwich. I do like Morrisons actually, the one we go to in Ormskirk is clean tidy and always well stocked with good fresh vegetables and fruit, and their bread is lovely. terrific choice.
Came home then and were back by lunchtime, to be greeted by the little ginger girl from next door who knows VTs car, and our two coming down the stairs looking for their chicken.
Tonight we are having:
A baked potato with cauliflower cheese and baked beans for VT. Nice simple tea tonight, but not very St Georgish!

No comments: